- The only non-contact thermographic solution to measure core body temperature from the back of the eye within 5 seconds.
- Core body temperature measurement is as accurate (± 0.1oC ) and consistent as invasive measurement methods.
- XTEMP IR core body temperature measurement is:
- Independent of thermal camera specifications and reference heat sources.
- Independent of environmental and external factors (i.e. weather, humidity, A/C).
- Can detect < 0.5oC changes in core body temperature.
- Seamless integration:
- Compatible with health monitoring systems
- Compatible with most Off-the-shelf infrared cameras
- System hardware agnostic
- Cloud integration enabled
- All existing thermographic technologies use:
- Surface skin temperature (Forehead, temporal lobe, and arm-extremities), and
- Tear duct region as primary indicators of body temperature.
- Skin surface or tear duct measurement accuracy is:
- Heavily dependent on camera specification and reference heat source.
- Affected by environmental conditions, physical exercises, and physiological conditions.
- Accurate invasive methods (pulmonary artery, esophagus, bladder) are not operationally feasible.
Eyes are not easily affected by external conditions. Sweating, exposure to various environments, or fluctuating body mass will not change the temperature distribution on the eye surface.
Eyes are in close-proximity to hypothalamus, the region of the brain responsible for regulating core body temperature.
Both give XTEMPIR a unique advantage to detect core body temperature changes accurately than any of the existing non-invasive and non-contact systems that rely on skin surfaces or tear ducts analysis.